Body of work for 'Fire & Armour'
New painting
![]() |
| 'Fire, Wood and Copper' |
![]() |
| Close up |
Having made the first two paintings just a few days ago, I am amazed at how pleased I am with this one, it feels freer and fresher than anything I have painted before, I am keen to continue these paintings.
The box book
This piece can be moved and manipulated, single or double storied, the outside squares are close up photographs of the original oil paintings and the inside squares are original copper plate prints. I wanted to get the feel of the malleability of copper, movement of the flame and transform / transmute quality of previous works.
A complete body of work
As a body of work, although it leaves more possibilities than it resolves, I consider this the best body of work I have completed for any college project so far. I feel it attains a good resolution in itself and opens itself for further work in future projects.
This project was as a response to a historical artifact, originally metal plate armour, which I felt contained amazing colour reflection, animation, movement and visceral response.
"When something's visceral, you feel it in your guts." www.vocabulary.com/dictionary
When I consider the work I have produced form the original stimuli, I am equally taken by the movement, the diversity and the evolution of this work.
I had not considered myself capable of this work so I am keen to continue this work into the new year and evolve it further.
To look at this body of work within it's contemporary context, many artists are not only producing paintings but are making a body of work through several or many media as a rounded and varied exploration of a subject matter.







No comments:
Post a Comment