Saturday, 2 January 2016

Paintings in Oil 'Fire & Armour' and the next stage

From the photographs and video I made of the burning wood and copper structure I have made some paintings in oil on canvas


 I have really enjoyed painting again and I'm not yet sure these are finished, but I'm still keen to bring 3-dimensionality to my work as often as possible.

I have photographed sections of the paintings (and I think I like these better) to make the next book. These have a rawer quality again

These are a few





I love the texture, brush strokes and colours, they are so abstract especially considering I started this process with wood and copper. I think I am more pleased with these photos than the original paintings.

My plan from here is to put these together backed by original copper plate prints that I made with a view to emmulating the copper colour and texture itself.




As an aside 

At the beginning of this project I made screen prints of a figure in grid, 
then cut the grid and turned the figure into his own box, 
I am drawn to use this again to create a box shape for 
these new prints by linking them together 

No comments:

Post a Comment